Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Life Journal 10-20-2014

God’s Expectations

(S) Scripture
         Acts 12:7-8 (NIV)
7  Suddenly an angel of the Lord appeared and a light shone in the cell. He struck Peter on the side and woke him up. "Quick, get up!" he said, and the chains fell off Peter's wrists.
8  Then the angel said to him, "Put on your clothes and sandals." And Peter did so. "Wrap your cloak around you and follow me," the angel told him.

(O) Observation
God did for Peter what he could not do for himself (remove chains and open prison doors) but expected Peter to do what he could (put on his clothes and sandals).

(A) Application
There are things that God does not do for me or force me to do. My daily time with Him must be my decision and I must make the time and keep it. God will not force this on me. If I want to experience what God has for me I need to spend time with Him and time in His Word.

(P) Prayer

Lord remind me when I have neglected my time with you. I want to know you better and follow you closer and to do so I must spend time with you. Hear my prayer today, Amen

No comments: