Sunday, January 1, 2012

Life Journal 01-01-2012

The Beginning

(S) Scripture

Luke 1:77 - to give his people the knowledge of salvation 
   through the forgiveness of their sins, 

(O) Observation

John the Baptist's ministry from the beginning was to prepare the way for Jesus and the way that was to be done was to – "to give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins,". New beginnings come from a knowledge of being right with God and experiencing forgiveness.

(A) Application

As I begin this new year and continue to follow God's call in my life, I too must be about helping people discover that right relationship with God that would offer forgiveness.

(P) Prayer

Lord as I begin a new year give me the strength, courage and boldness to live out Your call n my life. Let me be faithful in my walk with you so that I might show others the way. Amen  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pastor, as I reflect on this verse today, I'm struck by the fact that the word "knowledge" reflects an experiential encounter with God. This is a level of knowledge that goes deeper than simple intellectual assent and is made possible only through God's gift of grace, i.e. forgiveness of our sins. When one is deeply aware of such forgiveness, one's knowledge moves to a level that is profoundly personal. It becomes an encountering experience. My prayer for our congregation in 2012 is that those of us who "know" such things would truly "know" such things this year. Bud
PS Welcome back!