Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Life Journal 02-02-2010

To Know The Lord Better

(S) Scripture
Exodus 33:12-13 (NIV)
12 Moses said to the LORD, "You have been telling me, 'Lead these people,' but you have not let me know whom you will send with me. You have said, 'I know you by name and you have found favor with me.'
13 If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you. Remember that this nation is your people."

(O) Observation
The Lord has expressed his frustration with the people. He has called them "stiff necked" and that is not a compliment. He tells Moses to lead the people but there is still some confusion on Moses' part. Moses then expresses this request to God. In the middle of his confusion Moses asks The Lord to teach him so he can know God better. Rather than letting the confusion drive him away Moses asks for better knowledge of God.

(A) Application
When I am confused I don't always ask for more teaching. Generally I retreat back to what I know and try to proceed from there. Moses says, "Lord if I am on the right track teach me some more of your ways." When confused I ask for less and here Moses asks for more. Today I will ask for the Lord to teach me more so that I will know him better and find favor with Him.

(P) Prayer
Father, there is lots that I don't understand but I do know that I want to know y9ou better. I want to experience your favor. I do not want to disappoint you. SO grant me your presence and teach me your ways so that I can know you better and experience your favor. Amen

No comments: