Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Life Journal 10-28-2009

Immediate Obedience

(S) Scripture
16As Jesus walked beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. 17"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." 18At once they left their nets and followed him. Mark 1:16-18 NIV

(O) Observation
When Jesus called Simon (Peter) and Andrew to follow him they immediately followed. They didn't hesitate or ask for time to inform their families or to take care of getting substitute workers. They just immediately followed.

(A) Application
Too often I want to bargain with God about what he is asking me to do. I want to negotiate a more convenient time or opportunity. I am convicted by the immediate nature of the disciples' response. Today I will seek to be immediate in my obedience and following of Jesus. I want to be faithful and so I must practice instant obedience.

(P) Prayer
Lord, thank you for your patience with me when I think I have a better way or when I delay in responding to your call in my life. Make me aware of my delay and give me the courage and strength to follow immediately wherever you might lead. Amen

No comments: