Sunday, September 14, 2008

Life Journal 09-14-2008 The Gospel in Ezekiel

The Gospel in Ezekiel

(S) Scripture
Ezekiel 36:25-28 (NASB77)
25 "Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols.
26 "Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
27 "And I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances.
28 "And you will live in the land that I gave to your forefathers; so you will be My people, and I will be your God.

(O) Observation
A right relationship with God has always been a result of His work and not ours. Here God, through Ezekiel, says that He will cleanse and give us a new heart and put His Spirit in us. Again it is His work of grace that allows us to walk with Him.

(A) Application
I am again reminded that my best efforts cannot merit or gain God's favor. At my best I do not deserve cleansing or the forgiveness of sins. At my best I am still a dirty sinner in need of the work of God in my life. On this side of the life and death of His Son, Jesus, that work comes by faith in Jesus. I am so thankful that my relationship with God is not dependent on my ability to please God or earn His favor. I am saved by grace through faith in Christ alone. Praise God. It is God that redeemed me. I walk clean because of His work in me. I am forgiven because of His work in Christ. I thank God for this reminder today.

(P) Prayer
Father, I thank you for sending your Son to do for me what I could not do for myself. I thank you for His sacrifice for my sins. I thank you for saving me and allowing me to now live for you. Use me today to make a difference in someone's life for the sake of your kingdom. Amen

No comments: