Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Life Journal 09-03-2008 The Wonder of God’s Creation



The Wonder of God's Creation

(S) Scripture
Psalm 111:2-4 (NASB77)
2 Great are the works of the LORD; They are studied by all who delight in them.
3 Splendid and majestic is His work; And His righteousness endures forever.
4 He has made His wonders to be remembered; The LORD is gracious and compassionate.

(O) Observation
The psalmist is praising God for his greatness and goodness. He looks at what God has made and done and he is caught up in the wonder of it. His response is thanksgiving.

(A) Application
I have just come back from a vacation at the beach. As I walked along the shore or as I looked at the dawning sun and rolling waves I was reminded again of the greatness of God. As soothing as the rhythm of the ocean was to me last week it was terrifying to the people in the path of Hurricane Gustav. This is part of the wonder of God's creation. Having spent most of my life in the mountains of West Virginia I have seen the beauty of the greening of the mountains and then the brilliant colors of fall, these too reveal the majesty of God's creation. As I think about last week at the ocean and the mountains of West Virginia I am reminded that I should also see God's greatness and majesty here in flat dry Eaton County, Michigan. Sometimes I fail to see God's greatness here because I am looking somewhere else. Today I will thank God for his work and majesty here in Charlotte. I will celebrate His goodness and majesty here and thank him for the reminder I had at the beach last week.

(P) Prayer


Lord, you are so gracious to me. Thank you for reminding me through your creation of your majesty and greatness. Let me experience that here at home, too. Let me see you today. Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your thought. It has helped me to think of being thankful for where God has placed me. He places us just where He wants us to be. Where He wants us to live, work and worship. All in His timing, all for His purpose. I have days where I miss "home" and wonder why? Then I am reminded that THIS is where God has placed me and wants me to be, little Charlotte, MI.