Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Life Journal 09-16-2008 I Am Blessed

I Am Blessed

(S) Scripture
Psalm 128:1-6 (NASB77)
1 How blessed is everyone who fears the LORD, Who walks in His ways.
2 When you shall eat of the fruit of your hands, You will be happy and it will be well with you.
3 Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine, Within your house, Your children like olive plants, Around your table.
4 Behold, for thus shall the man be blessed Who fears the LORD.
5 The LORD bless you from Zion, And may you see the prosperity of Jerusalem all the days of your life.
6 Indeed, may you see your children's children. Peace be upon Israel!

(O) Observation
The psalmist tells us how life should be. This is a real incentive to live by faith.

(A) Application
Is there any greater joy in life than what is described in this psalm. I have fulfilling work and a family that loves me and makes me proud makes me blessed beyond my ability to express it. My wife is such an integral part of all I do. She is godly and gifted. Her walk with the Lord is an inspiration to many and her ministry touches many lives. My girls are the delights of my life. They each are walking with the Lord and making decisions that reveals their faith. I am a blessed man. I thank God for this blessing because I know that it is not because I am worthy but rather because I strive each day to walk with the Lord.

(P) Prayer
Lord, Thank You for the blessing of my family and work. You have spared me the pain that many suffer in these areas. I thank You for the mentors in my life that taught me how to walk faithfully with You. Let me teach others what I was taught so they too might experience Your blessing in their lives. Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pastor, this passage seems to suggest that when a person "fears" the Lord, they will reap benefits. You are an example of this. But I fear God, worship Him, love Him and obey Him, but my life is like a living Hell. My spouse isn't faithful and my children haven't rebelled. What does this say to me?