Monday, September 15, 2008

Life Journal 09-15-2008 Every Day Faith

Every Day Faith

(S) Scripture
Psalm 145:2-3 (NASB77)
2 Every day I will bless Thee, And I will praise Thy name forever and ever.
3 Great is the LORD, and highly to be praised; And His greatness is unsearchable.

(O) Observation
The psalmist reminds us that every day we are to praise and bless God. Not just when things are going good and smooth but every day. When things are tough and rough I am to praise God. Every day in all circumstances He is worthy of my Praise. He is great and His ways are unsearchable and His thoughts are above my thoughts. This is a part of my every day faith.

(A) Application
The psalmist got it right – I am to follow his example. I am to praise and extol the Lord in every circumstance every day. The difference in "everyday" and "every day" is an interesting one. "Everyday" is kind of a common routine run of the mill thing. "Every Day" is something that happens intentionally on each day. This is a habit and a discipline that we develop. My "every day" faith must include praising the Lord because He is worthy of my praise.

(P) Prayer
Lord, teach me to praise you correctly. Help me develop the discipline to praise you every day. When I begin to whine or complain remind me of these verses and my need to praise you . Amen

No comments: