Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Life Journal 02-04-2009

The Words of My Mouth

(S) Scripture
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Thy sight, O LORD, my rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14 (NASB77)

(O) Observation
The psalmist has just given us a litany or the virtues of God's Word. He then turns to the difference God's Word should make in us. They warn us about presumptuous sins and hidden faults. They must also affect our thoughts and speech.

(A) Application
I wonder if my speech is acceptable to God. When I think of some of the things that occupy my thoughts and speech, some seem so trivial and unimportant. It is not that God is not concerned with the trivial in my life but I wonder if those things are worth the time they take. It really is my desire to have God's Word at work in me so that I might experience His love and grace and that my words and thought would be acceptable to Him. He is my rock and redeemer and I want my life to please him.

(P) Prayer
Lord, you know my thoughts and words. Make me aware when they are not acceptable to you. Help me to use my words and thoughts to help others know you better and love you more. Amen

No comments: