Monday, February 16, 2009

Life Journal 02-16-2009

The Reward for Obedience

(S) Scripture
I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt so that you would no longer be slaves to the Egyptians; I broke the bars of your yoke and enabled you to walk with heads held high.
Leviticus 26:13 (NIV)

(O) Observation
God has just describes the reward for being obedient to all he commands. This is a clear and simple statement from the Lord. The reward he says is freedom from what enslaves you and the ability to walk with your head held high.

(A) Application
In a world where too many people are enslaved by harmful habits and walk with their head down and eyes looking to the ground it is good to know that God offers a way for the slavery to be broken and to walk with your head held high. I want that in my life and so it means that I need to be obedient to what God had commanded. This is not necessarily easy but the reward is worth the effort and work.

(P) Prayer
Lord, too often I don't listen and so I am disobedient and need to be forgiven. I confess my sin and ask for the strength to follow you closely. I want to walk with my head held high and free of the things that would enslave me. Amen

No comments: