Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Life Journal 02-17-2009

What A Way To Be Known

(S) Scripture
"We have found this man to be a troublemaker, stirring up riots among the Jews all over the world. He is a ringleader of the Nazarene sect
Acts 24:5 (NIV)

(O) Observation
The High Priest has brought Paul before the Roman rulers for trial. He accuses him of being a troublemaker (without specific evidence). He then accuses Paul of being a "ringleader of the Nazarene sect". What a compliment to Paul. What the High Priest thought was an accusation was in fact a badge of honor for Paul.

(A) Application
My guess is that you are familiar with the saying, "If you were arrested for being a Christian would there be enough evidence to convict you?" I wonder if I am living my life in a way that would cause people to say, "He is a ringleader of the Jesus sect." I would hope so and not just because I am a pastor but rather because my life reflects Jesus so clearly that I would be known that way. Today I want my life to reflect Christ in such a way as to cause people to think, "there goes a ringleader of the followers of Jesus.

(P) Prayer
Lord, fill me with the Holy Spirit so that I can reflect you in all I do and say today. Let my life reflect you. Let me be known as a "ringleader" in your kingdom. Let me live my life for you. Amen

No comments: