Friday, November 6, 2009

Life Journal 11-06-2009

Foolish Faith

(S) Scripture
You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort? Galatians 3:1-3

(O) Observation
The believers have been deceived into thinking that they grow as a Christian by keeping the law. Paul writes to combat this false teaching. If you receive Christ by faith why do you think that maturity comes by returning to the Law? Maturity, growth and freedom come from following the Holy Spirit, who lives in you.

(A) Application
I hear so many Christians talk about rules they need to keep. The emphasis is on law keeping not on following the Spirit. It seems many Christians are afraid of the Holy Spirit because they do not understand or are adverse to giving control of their lives away. I am so thankful for the teaching I received as a young follower of Jesus concerning the ministry of the Holy Spirit in my life. The Holy Spirit is God's presence in my life and is there to guide, convict and comfort me. I do not need fear him because he is God. When I give control of my life to the Holy Spirit I am in fellowship with God. That fellowship cannot be achieved by keeping the law, it comes only by faith. Today I will walk by faith in the power of the Holy Spirit. I want to enjoy fellowship with God today.

(P) Prayer
Lord, fill me with your Spirit today and let me enjoy fellowship with you. Amen

No comments: