Thursday, November 12, 2009

Life Journal 11-12-2009

Our Majestic God

(S) Scripture
Job 38:1-41

(O) Observation
The Lord speaks to Job. In this the Lord describes His work and creation. He does so in a way that reminds Job that the Lord is God and Job is not.

(A) Application
As I read this passage I was simply caught up in the majesty of God. He created all that is and controls all that is. His creation and works are beyond our understanding or comprehension. These set Him apart and show us His glory and majesty. In the message for Sunday Jude tells the believers to "remember what the apostles foretold". It is good for us to remember. This passage in Job allowed me to simply pause, remember and reflect on how majestic the God I serve really is. What a great way to begin the day.

(P) Prayer
Lord, let me dwell on your majesty. I am grateful that you the majestic God chose to love me. Today I want to live in such a way that others may see and be drawn to your majesty. Amen

No comments: