Sunday, November 15, 2009

Life Journal 11-15-2009

God's Promises

(S) Scripture
For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God.
2 Corinthians 1:20 (NIV)

(O) Observation
Paul is addressing the Corinthian church and in an encouraging word reminds the people that the promises of God are "yes" in Christ. Our faith is a positive faith in Christ.

(A) Application
I can count on God keeping his promises because he cannot lie and the promises are "yes" in Christ. I know so many Christians that are sour and negative and always against something. I don't like being around them and am sure that those who are not yet followers of Jesus don't want to either. God does so much in my life. My life has been changed, I have passed from death to life and from darkness into His glorious light. How can I be negative and sour? This is not a promise of "health and wealth" or a "name it claim it" stance. It simply is a stance that says, God will keep his promises and they are fulfilled in Christ. I cannot be negative when God is positive.

(P) Prayer
Lord, remind me of your promises when I get sour and negative. Let me be as positive in my faith as you are in your promises in Christ. Amen

No comments: