Thursday, August 6, 2009

Life Journal 08-06-2009

Trust

(S) Scripture
Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior.
Habakkuk 3:17-18 (NIV)

(O) Observation
Habakkuk has been asking God why the wicked prosper and God seems to do nothing about it. God answers and in this third chapter of the book we have the prophet's prayer. In responding to what the Lord has revealed in the answer he received Habakkuk concludes his prayer of response with this affirmation of his faith.

(A) Application
This is the attitude with which I want to live. Regardless of the circumstances around me I want to trust and rejoice in the Lord. Trust demonstrates faith. I want to live by faith in the power of the Holy Spirit each and every day. It seems easy to trust God when things are going good but when tough times come it seems we begin to fret and rely more on ourselves than on God. We try to manipulate our circumstances to avoid tough and difficult situations rather than trusting in the Lord to show us a way through. When everything is stripped away is a time to trust, not complain. Regardless of my circumstances, today I choose to trust God and rejoice in Him.

(P) Prayer
Lord, I thank you for meeting my every need. Teach me to trust you in plenty and in want. Let my life be one of rejoicing in you. I know You are all I need. Teach me to be satisfied with You and You alone. Amen

No comments: