Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Life Journal 12-02-2009

A Needed Reminder

(S) Scripture
Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!
"Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?"
"Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him?"
For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.
Romans 11:33-36 (NIV)

(O) Observation
As Paul addresses the Israelites place with God he comes to this point and breaks out in this doxology of praise.

(A) Application
This has been a hectic week for me. Becky and I were in West Virginia for Thanksgiving with our families. Last Wednesday I visited my cousin Jerry Robinson in the hospital. I was so pleased to have had that time with him because he died on Friday. Jerry had suffered with MS and its complications for years. We were notified about his death on our way home on Friday. I had the honor of officiating the wedding of one of our staff on Saturday. I preached on Sunday and then headed back to WV for the funeral on Monday. I enjoyed the time with my mom and saw family I have not seen in years. Tuesday I returned home having driven nearly 2000 miles in the week. That is not a lot for some of my trucker friends but it is more than I usually drive. On the way home my wife called to tell me a dear lady in our church had died. She had been taken to the Hospice House while I was away. I went directly there when I got to Charlotte. I am also working with some other tough situations with families and individuals in crisis. Sometimes it is easy to only see the problems and issues and fail to focus on the One who is the Light. Sometimes I am prone to look to my own strengths and skills and training and neglect the One Who can make a difference. Last night I felt somewhat oppressed at all I have to do. This morning the Lord reminded me again of His majesty, glory, power and authority. I have been renewed just from reading His word and receiving a needed reminder of just who really is in charge and just Who can really make a difference.

(P) Prayer
Lord, I want to keep my eyes and focus on you. I know that you can handle any situation that comes my way. Give me your wisdom as I trust you and as I work through all I have to do today. Amen

No comments: