Thursday, November 15, 2012

Life Journal 11-15-2012

How Do You Smell?

(S) Scripture
2 Corinthians 2:14-16
14 But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ's triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere. 15 For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. 16 To the one we are an aroma that brings death; to the other, an aroma that brings life. And who is equal to such a task?

(O) Observation
There is a pleasing aroma to the gospel for those who believe. It is the aroma of Christ. To some is smells like death and to the believer it is the aroma of life. It was Paul and his companions that carried this aroma. As believers we should be carrying this same aroma.

(A) Application
November 15th is the start of deer season here in Michigan. The woods are full of hunters that have gone to great lengths to mask their human scent so the deer will not notice them. I wonder how often we as believers try to hide our scent so that we can blend in with the environment around us. When we are disguising our scent it hides the gospel from those who do not know Jesus. It is my desire never to disguise the aroma of Christ but rather for it to be how I am known. How exciting would it be each day to be recognized as bearing the aroma of Christ.

(P) Prayer
Lord make me keenly aware of when I am tempted to mask you aroma in my life. Let me be recognized as your child by the resemblance I have to your Son. Amen

No comments: