Thursday, November 22, 2012

Life Journal 11-22-2012

What Are You Talking About?

(S) Scripture
Matthew 12:34b
For the mouth speaks out of that which fill the heart.

(O) Observation
Jesus says that if you want to know what is first on your heart listen to what you talk most about. That is an indictment for most of us.

(A) Application
When I listen to what I talk most about or how I speak too often it is not very consistent with what I say is most important or first in my life. Today, though, is Thanksgiving and I can begin today by making it truly a day of giving thanks to God for every part of my life. Today and every day I want my speech to reflect my commitment to the Lord.

(P) Prayer
Lord help me to get my focus off myself and on to You so that my speech might be pleasing to You and reflect my love for you. Thank you for loving, saving, providing for and protecting me. Amen

No comments: