Saturday, April 4, 2009

Life Journal 04-04-2009

A Sobering Thought

(S) Scripture
And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,
2 Corinthians 4:3 (NASB77)

(O) Observation
Paul is again defending his ministry to the Corinthian church. He is does not lose heart regardless of how difficult things become. Then there is this sobering statement for me, "if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing."

(A) Application
The New Living Translation records the verse this way, "If the Good News we preach is hidden behind a veil, it is hidden only from people who are perishing."
2 Corinthians 4:3 (NLT) Now that is a sobering thought. If I make the Gospel hard to understand or do not share it at all the only people it hurts is those that are perishing. It is those who do not know Christ that are damaged when I refuse to share my faith. When I am too afraid to share or when I try to hide the fact that I am a Christian I am hurting those who need to experience Christ's love and forgiveness. How selfish is that? I am ashamed at how often I am silent and not forthcoming about my faith in Jesus. Today I will not shy away from opportunities the Lord places before me to speak and live out a word for Him.

(P) Prayer
Lord, forgive me for being timid and afraid of what others might say or think. Let me be bold in my witness for you. Keep me gentle and humble not obnoxious and rude as I share my faith with others. Let me bear fruit for You. Amen

No comments: