Monday, April 6, 2009

Life Journal 04-06-2009

God Answers

(S) Scripture
By awesome deeds Thou dost answer us in righteousness, O God of our salvation, Thou who art the trust of all the ends of the earth and of the farthest sea;
Psalm 65:5 (NASB77)

(O) Observation
In this psalm David is extolling God's favor to us. Our God is greater than anything we can imagine and he answers when his children call.

(A) Application
Paul Little's book, Your God Is Too Small, addresses the issue David is raising. God is bigger than we think and is greater than we can imagine. He answers in righteousness, his nature, and we can depend on Him being consistent. Too often I shrink God into someone I can understand or somehow control. God is so much more and I need to let him out of the box I have put him in if my life is to be changed. I want to get to know God in the way he has revealed himself through his word. I don't want to settle for anything less. I do not pretend to think that I can understand or comprehend all that God is but I can seek to stop limiting him and his work in my life.

(P) Prayer
Lord, thank you for answering me consistent with your nature and allowing me to know you as best I can. Let me know you more and more as I live faithfully in You. Amen

No comments: