Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Life Journal 04-29-2009

My Way – God's Way

(S) Scripture
But He turned and said to Peter, "Get behind Me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to Me; for you are not setting your mind on God's interests, but man's."
Matthew 16:23 (NASB77)

(O) Observation
Peter is reacting to Jesus' description of how he must die. Peter tries to correct Jesus by saying it would not happen to Jesus, Peter just would not let that take place. Jesus rebukes Peter by reminding him that he is not looking at God's Way but rather at his own way.

(A) Application
How often we mean well and have good intentions but are following our own way rather than God's. We try to accomplish God's purposes with our slick methods. We inject so much of our own way that often His way gets ignored. We wonder why things fail and it is generally because we are not paying attention to God's Way. Today I want to be a conduit of God's way rather than a stumbling block.

(P) Prayer
Lord, You know my heart. Sometimes I get ahead of you and go my own way. Draw me back, forgive my stubbornness and set me on your path. Amen

No comments: