Monday, April 13, 2009

Life Journal 04-13-2009

A Challenge for My Life

(S) Scripture
Finally, brethren, rejoice, be made complete, be comforted, be like-minded, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.
2 Corinthians 13:11 (NASB77)

(O) Observation
Paul is closing his letter to the Corinthian church and does so with an incredible challenge and benediction. He challenges them to live lives that honor the Lord and each other. They are to value each other and the church and their unity and their relationship with the Lord. This is quite a challenge in one statement, nothing is left unaddressed. Everything is covered.

(A) Application
After the rush and pressures of Holy Week I needed to be reminded of what is really important in my personal walk with the Lord. It is easy to get distracted from these things in the crunch of preparations and the pressure of delivery of all that is involved with Holy Week and especially Easter Sunday. This morning I was reminded that I am to rejoice and I am (we had great services yesterday and two made decisions to follow Christ). The rest of this verse hinges on me trusting God and allowing the Holy Spirit to fill me and use me today. When I am walking by faith in the Spirit the rest of this verse becomes a reality in my life. That is the way I want to live. On the heels of a great Resurrection Sunday I want my life to reflect the Risen Christ in every way. Today I will put my trust in the Lord and follow Him.

(P) Prayer
Father, thank You for the reminder from Your word today. I want to live this way. Today I give myself to you and ask that you use me and let me experience Your love and peace. Amen

No comments: