Sunday, April 26, 2009

Life Journal 04-26-2009

It is good to be back from vacation. I am always glad to go but just a happy to return home. We had a great time of relaxation in Orlando. We sat in the sun and read most every day. We really needed the break and have come back renewed.

A Daily Prayer

(S) Scripture
For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.'
Matthew 13:15 (NIV)

(O) Observation
Jesus has been teaching in parables and the disciples ask him why. He gives them an explanation and then the challenge of the verse for today. The people have closed their eyes and ears to what God wants them to learn. That is why they do not understand.

(A) Application
In a DMin class on preaching Dr. John Guest, the teacher, gave us a prayer he prays publicly before each message. "Lord, open my eyes to see, my ears to hear and my heart to understand what you have for me today, then give me the will to obey you." That is close to the wording. When I read the passage for today I immediately thought of this prayer. It should be my daily prayer. I want to have my heart turned completely toward God and I want to have his healing in my life.

(P) Prayer
Lord, open my eyes to see, my ears to hear and my heart to understand what you have for me today, then give me the will to obey you today. Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!