Sunday, April 12, 2009

Life Journal 04-12-2009

Missing Out

(S) Scripture
And Samuel said to Saul, "You have acted foolishly; you have not kept the commandment of the LORD your God, which He commanded you, for now the LORD would have established your kingdom over Israel forever.
"But now your kingdom shall not endure. The LORD has sought out for Himself a man after His own heart, and the LORD has appointed him as ruler over His people, because you have not kept what the LORD commanded you."
1 Samuel 13:13-14 (NASB77)

(O) Observation
Saul felt desperate and so he offered sacrifices that he should have had Samuel offer. He did not trust God to sustain him until things could be done properly. That disobedience was part of what cost him his kingdom.

(A) Application
Today is Easter and we celebrate the Resurrection and the power it brings to our lives as believers. The story of Saul reminds me that disobedience has its consequences. I can live in the power of the resurrection or I can choose to live in my own power, even as a Christian, but that has its costs. I never want to live apart from the power of the Holy Spirit being at work in me. Today as I celebrate the Resurrection I will also renew my commitment to walking by faith in the power of the Holy Spirit.

(P) Prayer
Lord, I give control of my life to you. I trust in your forgiveness and am encouraged by the fact that you cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Let me experience the power of the Resurrection in my life and ministry today. Amen

No comments: