Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Life Journal – 11-25-2008

Known By His Enemies

(S) Scripture
Then the Pharisees went out and laid plans to trap him in his words.
They sent their disciples to him along with the Herodians. "Teacher," they said, "we know you are a man of integrity and that you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. You aren't swayed by men, because you pay no attention to who they are.
Matthew 22:15-16 (NIV)

(O) Observation
Even Jesus' enemies recognized his character. He was known by his integrity, teaching truth, and not being swayed by people. These were characteristics his enemies lacked. They tried to use them to trap him but he was much too wise.

(A) Application
I must live my life in such a way that my enemies would recognize my integrity. It is important to speak the truth regardless of what others think even the influential. Personal integrity takes a lifetime to build and can be lost in a moment. Today I want to be known as a man of integrity who teaches the truth and is not swayed from the truth by what others might think or say. Today with God's help I will display integrity in all that I do.

(P) Prayer
Lord give me the courage to live a life of integrity. Let your character be seen in me. Let my life be transparent and point others to you. Amen

No comments: