Thursday, November 27, 2008

Life Journal – 11-27-2008

The Foundation of Thanksgiving

(S) Scripture
And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit. Matthew 27:50 (NIV)

(O) Observation
the reading today is about the last couple of days in Jesus life here on earth. He willingly gave his life to pay for my sins. This is the foundation of thanksgiving.

(A) Application
I can think of no better or more appropriate scripture to read for today than the passages about the Crucifixion. The price for my sin was death and Jesus paid that for me. I do not understand it but I can experience it. Today as I celebrate Thanksgiving with my family I will be thankful for what Jesus did for me so many years ago. Another exciting aspect of our gathering is that every person here is a follower of Jesus.

(P) Prayer
Lord, thank you for dying for my sins. Thank you for allowing me to celebrate this day with my family. Thank you for your love and sacrifice for us. Amen

No comments: