Saturday, July 4, 2009

Life Journal 07-04-2009

God Speaks to Us

(S) Scripture
1In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe. Hebrews 1:1-2 (NIV)

(O) Observation
The Writer begins this letter with a statement about our God and His Son. The writer tells us that God has spoken to us and now it is through his Son who is heir of all things and superior to all things.

(A) Application
We have a God that has spoken to us. He did not create the world and then leave us to our own devices. He has spoken to us to reveal Himself and to let us know what He expects of us. The Son has also spoken to us and tells us what God expects and demands. We have a God that is deeply involved in our lives and world. Whoo Hoo. I am so thankful that God did not leave me to figure things out for myself but He has spoken and told me what He desires. His Word, the Bible, is therefore my most important resource. It lets me know what God has said so I can act on it. Today I will thank God for speaking so that I could follow Him. I would not know how to be saved had He not spoken. Today I commit again to this daily time of reading and meditating on the Bible. Today we celebrate the birth of America nad the freedom we have living in America. God speaks of being really free in Jesus. I am so thankful for both.

(P) Prayer
Lord, thank you for not leaving us in the dark but for speaking clearly and directly to us. Let me hear and understand what you have said and let me obey it. Amen

No comments: