Monday, July 27, 2009

Life Journal - 07-27-2009

My Resources

(S) Scripture
His devine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 2 Peter 1:3

(O) Observation
Peter is reminding these new believers that they have a resource in Christ that gives them all they need for life and godliness. They do not lack anything - they have all they need in Christ.

(A) Application
God has given me all I need in Christ. I do not need to search for more resources. I do not need more, I simply need to use the resources I have in Christ. Too often we neglect what we have and look for something else. Something more complex or intriguing but here Peter reminds me that I already have all I need, I just need to use it. Today I will trust the resources I have.

(P) Prayer
Lord, Thank you for giving me all I need in Christ. Teach me to use the resources I have rather than always looking elsewhere. Let me trust in you today. Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's it interesting to note that the text suggests that 'all that we need' we have because of our relationship with Him...in effect, that is all that we really need in life. It comes through "our knowledge" or him and the fact that he has called or chosen us. No matter what we may think we may "need", we do not really need any of those things in comparison to what we have in our relationship with Him. We KNOW him and He KNOWS us. He has CHOSEN us. It really keeps things in perspective. On another note, hope you're having a great time away Pastor. "Your Buddy"