Sunday, July 12, 2009

Life Journal 07-12-2009

A Done Deal

(S) Scripture
The LORD Almighty has sworn, "Surely, as I have planned, so it will be, and as I have purposed, so it will stand.
Isaiah 14:24 (NIV)

(O) Observation
In a prophecy against Assyria, Isaiah begins with this declaration. What God plans will happen and what God purposes will last.

(A) Application
Sometimes I forget that God is in control and that His plans and purposes will stand. Now I would never say that God is not in control out loud, but I live that way at times. When I take things into my own hands or choose to live by my own devices I am taking control and my plans will not stand. Today I will trust and follow God. I know that His plans and purposes last where mine are temporal at best.

(P) Prayer
Lord, I know that your plans and purposes last so help me to trust and follow them and not my own. Amen

No comments: