Monday, May 4, 2009

Life Journal 05-04-2009

Through the Eyes of Children

(S) Scripture
But when the chief priests and the teachers of the law saw the wonderful things he did and the children shouting in the temple area, "Hosanna to the Son of David," they were indignant.
"Do you hear what these children are saying?" they asked him. "Yes," replied Jesus, "have you never read, "'From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise'?"
Matthew 21:15-16 (NIV)

(O) Observation
During the week after the Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem Jesus does many wonderful and some miraculous things. The religious leaders see them and respond with contempt and outrage. The children see them and respond with praise and adoration. The children saw what God was doing and responded in praise. The religious leaders were blinded by their religious traditions and prejudice.

(A) Application
I must not end up like the religious leaders in this passage. I cannot let my religious prejudices and traditions keep me from seeing what God is doing and rejoicing in it. There are time when other ministries are doing things I do not understand but I must not jump to judgment. I must discern if God is at work or not and then decide what to do. I want to trust Jesus and praise him like the children in this passage. It is a simple faith that recognized Who Jesus was and declared it openly. I want to have that kind of transparent and simple faith.

(P) Prayer
Lord you know how easy it is for me to let my prejudices get in the way of what you are doing. Forgive me and let me see you clearly and rejoice in all you do. Keep me from the pride that prejudice and tradition brings. Let me rejoice in you today. Amen

No comments: