Monday, May 11, 2009

Life Journal 05-11-2009

A Little FROGgy

(S) Scripture
Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.
Psalm 55:22 (NIV)

(O) Observation
David is lamenting his circumstances to the Lord. He cries out about his companion who cannot be trusted because he says one thing but means another. David then receives this instruction from the Lord's heart, "Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall." David give your cares to the Lord He will not let you fall. Our strength and protection come from God not from ourselves.

(A) Application
How often do I take these matters into my own hands to settle? When I do I find myself fretting and frustrated. Why is it that I think I can take care of things in my life better or more efficiently than the Lord? It is my pride that gets in the way here. I want to think that I am capable and able to stand on my own, after all isn't that the great American Spirit? I have been taught so much independence that I miss the joy of depending on God. I recall a "T" shirt that said FROG – Fully Relying On God – I think that today I need to be a lot more "FROGgy". I do not want to fall or fail in the work or life the Lord has called me to. I must rely on Him and one way to show that is to cast my cares on Him.

(P) Prayer
Lord continue to teach me to rely fully on You. Take my cares today and make me the person You want me to be. Use me today I pray. Amen

No comments: