Friday, May 8, 2009

Life Journal 05-08-2009

A Great Truth

(S) Scripture
Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD"-- and you forgave the guilt of my sin. Selah
Psalm 32:5 (NIV)

(O) Observation
David gives us a great picture of what confession does in our lives. For those who do not confess their sin there is being under God's thumb. For those who confess there is a renewed experience of forgiveness. There is the opportunity to live guilt free.

(A) Application
One of the greatest lessons I have learned in my Christian life is that of confession of sin. When I confess my sin God forgives the guilt of my sin. The sin was forgiven by Christ's death on the cross and my trust in that sacrifice. I do not need to have the sin forgiven (Jesus already did that) but I do need release from the guilt that sin brings to my life. Not only does the Lord forgive my guilt but this psalm is filled with other benefits that come to me when I confess. God protects, delivers, instructs and counsels me when I confess. Today I will continue to confess my sin and ask the Holy Spirit to control my life and use me.

(P) Prayer
Lord I trust you with my life and will continue to confess my sin. I want to have constant fellowship with you and to experience all you have for me. I want to seek after you with my whole heart. Amen

No comments: