Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Life Journal 05-12-2009

How I See God

(S) Scripture
"To the faithful you show yourself faithful, to the blameless you show yourself blameless,
to the pure you show yourself pure, but to the crooked you show yourself shrewd.
You save the humble, but your eyes are on the haughty to bring them low.
2 Samuel 22:26-28 (NIV)

(O) Observation
These verses are part of David's Song of Praise he sung after being delivered from the hand of his enemies. David is quick to give praise and credit to the Lord. In the song he gives us an insight into how we see God or how God shows Himself to us.

(A) Application
I have read this many times before but this morning I saw something quite different than I had seen before. I have often wondered why when I see God as faithful unbelievers do not see God that way. Why is it when I see God as good unbelievers do not see Him that way. In fact most often, it seems, unbelievers see God as arbitrary and hard and cold and uncaring and distant. They see God as shrewd and looking to bring them down. These verses shed light on this issue. God shows himself faithful to the faithful. In order to see God as faithful I must be faithful. If I am not faithful I will see God as shrewd and out to bring me down. I should not be surprised when my unbelieving friends do not see God as I see him. He has not shown himself to them that way. We all see through the eyes of experience and sometimes my experience clouds or blurs the truth. Although God has revealed himself as faithful and blameless and good in many undeniable ways in nature and in his mighty acts still the unbelieving heart has a hard time seeing through the cloud. Today I want to see God as faithful and blameless and pure therefore I will seek to live out my faith that way. The best thing for me to do is to focus on Jesus and do what He instructs me to do. Living my life by faith in the Son of God certainly affects how I see God. How I live opens my eyes to see God as he shows Himself to me.

(P) Prayer
Lord, live through me today and let me see you as faithful, blameless, pure, and encouraging, lifting me up to experience all you have for me today, Amen

 

No comments: