Thursday, May 28, 2009

Life Journal 05-28-2009

Created with Purpose

(S) Scripture
"I, wisdom, dwell together with prudence; I possess knowledge and discretion.
Proverbs 8:12 (NIV)

"The LORD brought me forth as the first of his works, before his deeds of old;
I was appointed from eternity, from the beginning, before the world began.
When there were no oceans, I was given birth, when there were no springs abounding with water;
before the mountains were settled in place, before the hills, I was given birth,
before he made the earth or its fields or any of the dust of the world.
I was there when he set the heavens in place, when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep,
when he established the clouds above and fixed securely the fountains of the deep,
when he gave the sea its boundary so the waters would not overstep his command, and when he marked out the foundations of the earth.
Then I was the craftsman at his side. I was filled with delight day after day, rejoicing always in his presence,
rejoicing in his whole world and delighting in mankind.
Proverbs 8:22-31 (NIV)

(O) Observation
This proverb places "wisdom" behind all of creation. There was purpose in the creative process. God did not create randomly but rather all that was created was done so in wisdom with purpose and meaning. This proverb reminds me again of the greatness of our God. He is the author and Creator of all that is and it all has purpose and meaning.

(A) Application
I was created with purpose and meaning. It was God's wisdom that decided when and where I would be born, He decided my parents and my life has purpose that was set in it from before the beginning of time. That is an incredible thought. I am not a mistake or a random happening. God knew me and made me in His time for His purpose. It would be a shame to miss all that in life. This fact gives deep meaning to my life and I will not question the Potter about why He made me this way. Today I will rejoice in God's creative work in me and the meaning He gives to my life.

(P) Prayer
Heavenly Father, I thank you for your goodness toward me; for creating me and giving meaning to my life. Thank you for sending your Son to pay for my sins in order that by faith in Him I might experience your purpose for me. Amen

No comments: