Thursday, October 18, 2012

Life Journal 10-18-2012

My Confidence and Hope

(S) Scripture
Job 4:6 (NASB77)
6  "Is not your fear of God your confidence, And the integrity of your ways your hope?    

(O) Observation
Job has just given a long lament wishing that he had never been born. His friend, Eliphaz comes and reminds him of some of the things he has done. He then asks Job this question, "Is not your fear of God your confidence, and the integrity of your ways your hope?" It is a reminder to Job that his confidence and hope are not in material things but rather in the spiritual realm.

(A) Application
It is good to be reminded of where my real strength comes from. Real strength comes from my relationship with God and all else is counterfeit. My reverence and awe of God reminds me that He is in control of all things and can do whatever He chooses. My responsibility is to trust and follow not lead. My confidence comes in knowing that the God of the universe is directing and leading and as I follow him with integrity I have hope. Hope is that sure, unshakable assurance that God is in control and I can trust Him. Given the hectic nature of this week and the pressures that come I am thankful for the gentle reminder of where my focus and trust need to be.

(P) Prayer
Father, you are the Holy One of heaven. You can do whatever you choose because of who you are. I stand in awe of you and kneel in reverence. Let me experience a confidence that comes from you as I walk by faith following you. Amen   

No comments: