Friday, October 26, 2012

Life Journal

Our Culture and Our Task

(S) Scripture
Acts 25:19 (NASB77)
19  but they simply had some points of disagreement with him about their own religion and about a certain dead man, Jesus, whom Paul asserted to be alive.

(O) Observation
Paul is accused of wrongdoing for simply disagreeing with what some believe and for claiming that Jesus is alive. Sounds a great deal like our culture where as Christians we are constantly accused of being intolerant and somewhat unenlightened to believe that Jesus was resurrected and is alive today.

(A) Application
It is a good reminder that the culture does not share my beliefs and often think I am intolerant. If because I believe Jesus is alive and therefore makes certain demands on our lives makes me intolerant then so be it. Truth is the argument is not with me but with Jesus and what He said and claimed. Since He claimed to be God and to be the only way to have a right relationship with God, I guess we are exclusive. I cannot be arrogant or mean spirited in my faith and I can neither deny what Jesus said. Because people do not want to believe cannot silence me and my belief in the resurrection of Jesus.

(P) Prayer
Father, make me aware if I ever become arrogant or mean spirited in my walk with you. Help me to faithfully share with others the truth about Jesus and his resurrection. Give me courage to not be afraid to speak the truth with love and grace. Thank you for your power and presence. Amen

No comments: