Friday, October 19, 2012

Life Journal 10-19-2012

My Heart's Desire

(S) Scripture
Acts 11:24
24 
He was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and faith, and a great number of people were brought to the Lord.

(O) Observation
Barnabas was sent to Antioch to encourage the new believers there. In addition to being recognized as a Godly man he also led many people to the Lord. It is here that believers were first called Christians.

(A) Application
I am challenged by this passage. Barnabas was the encourager and it came from his commitment to the Lord and to the people he met each day. It is my desire to be the same kind of person. I want to lead many to Jesus and when I leave Charlotte I want to be known as a Godly man, full of the Holy Spirit and faith.

(P) Prayer
Lord, you know my heart and my deepest desire to be used by you to make a difference in the lives of people I meet for the kingdom. Help me to keep my focus on you and not be distracted from your call in my life. Amen

No comments: