Wednesday, October 15, 2008

40 Days of Love – Day 10

The Power of New

The New Testament, the new birth, a new commandment, a new power all have "old" counterparts. Each is gives a fresh and different understanding of the old. We have always been expected to love God and our neighbors but Jesus gives us a new twist or understanding on that. In fact he gives us an "impossible challenge" (see day 8) to love God and others as He does. How can I love like Jesus? Only when I do it with the power that He gives us through the Holy Spirit. That is where we begin.

The idea of making the routine new is an important one. We get in such a routing that many things become rote and lose their meaning. Today I want to breathe new life into those things that have become routine. How can I renew my love for God? How can I renew my love for Becky, the second most important relationship in my life? How can I renew my love for the relationships I have with friends?

I have a lot of work to do. How about you?

No comments: