Sunday, October 5, 2008

Life Journal 10-05-2008 Be Specific

Be Specific

(S) Scripture
Luke 18:41-42 (NASB77)
41 "What do you want Me to do for you?" And he said, "Lord, I want to regain my sight!"
42 And Jesus said to him, "Receive your sight; your faith has made you well."

(O) Observation
    This chapter in Luke is a series of parables on prayer. In it we find this encounter of Jesus with a blind man. He asks Jesus to be merciful and jesus asks him to be specific in his request. "What do you want Me to do for you?" Jesus then answered his specific request.

(A) Application
    It is easy for me to be general in my prayers. Sometimes I think I am afraid to be specific because I really don't think God will answer. If I am vague in my prayer I can make almost any outcome fit that prayer. Jesus here suggests that we be specific so that we will recognize the answer when it comes. I want to trust God that much. I want to trust Him enough to be specific when I pray.

(P) Prayer
Lord help me to be specific when I pray so that I can recognize clearly your answers. Make me aware when I am being vague or general. Amen

No comments: