Tuesday, October 21, 2008

40 Days of Love – Day 16

The Foundation is Trust

Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.
Matthew 5:37 (NIV)

The author went to meddling today. Jesus' instruction was to give a simple yes or no and mean it. How often do we qualify our responses with all kinds of escape clauses. If we practiced this command of Jesus we would not need lawyers to go over contracts or agreements. It would simplify our lives but we just cannot seem to get to this. It is an issue of trust and that trust is the foundation of any relationship we have. The qualifiers are only to protect me not the relationship. I need to do better.

Today I am going to focus on building trust in my relationships by letting my "'yes' be 'yes' and my 'no' be 'no'"

What do you think?

No comments: