Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Life Journal 06-03-2009

What's In Your Bucket

(S) Scripture
Without wood a fire goes out; without gossip a quarrel dies down.
Proverbs 26:20 (NIV)

(O) Observation
This simple proverb is so profound. Without fuel a fire goes out.

(A) Application
If only we would practice this truth. Too often we add fuel to a fire rather than starving the fire. I am reminded of the teaching I heard about this. To every fiery situation you are carrying two buckets, one filled with water and the other with gasoline. You get to choose which one you will throw on the fire. I want to be throwing water. I want to quell the fire not fuel it. Our words many times are like gasoline and only fan the flame of a tough situation to greater heights. I want to be one known as a peacemaker. I want to resolve issues not exacerbate them. Today I want to use words that bring healing not harm.

(P) Prayer
Lord help me to only carry water to fiery situations. Let my words bring healing not further harm. Help me to remember

No comments: