Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Life Journal 06-17-2009

Adoption Hearing Day

(S) Scripture
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.

(O) Observation
Paul is teaching these new believers how to live as followers of Christ. Let the Peace of Christ rule in your heart and let the Word of Christ be at home in you.

(A) Application
It is interesting that on this court day I read about letting the Peace of Christ rule in my heart. It is easy to get frustrated and anxious about the proceedings today. The lawyer has indicated that it will most likely be continued to another day. It seems that the other side is not prepared for today. I cannot control what the judge decides but I can do what this passage commands. It is Christ's peace that we need today to rule in us regardless of the judge's decision. I must let this Word dwell in me and be at home in me so that what I speak I speak as a Christ follower. today I want to experience His peace and want to speak His words.

(P) Prayer
Lord you know my heart and my desires. regardless of what happens in court today let me represent You well. Let me experience your peace and speak yur words. Amen

No comments: