Monday, June 15, 2009

Life Journal 06-15-2009

A Prayer for VBS Workers

(S) Scripture

Colossians 1:10-12

10And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully 12giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.


(O) Observation

Paul is praying for the believers in the Colossian church. It is a prayer of encouragement to believers as they begin to live out their faith in a culture that is not that favorable to their faith.


(A) Application
Today is the first day of VBS at FBC Charlotte. I am in Louisiana for the adoption hearing for our granddaughter (officially after the hearing we hope). I took Grayce to her VBS this morning and was reminded of the excitement and chaos of the first day. When I read the verses above I thought about the workers and volunteers . It is my prayer that they would live lives worthy of Christ and be the examples of Christ for the children. I pray that they will have the endurance and stamina that this week requires. I know about all the work that has already been done in preparation by the teachers and also about the wonderful work done on the set for the sanctuary and the decorations for all the rooms and hallways. This is when we are at our finest. I pray that the witness this bears to our faith is seen and caught by the children and their parents. Have a great week and know I am praying for all of you.

(P) Prayer
Lord, I thank you for all the workers and volunteers at VBS. I pray that they will experience your strength this week. renew them each day and fill them with love for the kids, especially for the challenging ones. May you be magnified this week as the kids learn and worship. Amen

No comments: