Sunday, July 6, 2008

Life Journal 07-06-2008 The Power Of Encouragement

The Power Of Encouragement

(S) Scripture
Hebrews 3:13 (NIV)
But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness.

(O) Observation
As the writer warns against unbelief he gives this antidote to the people. "Encourage each other" - We are in this together and need each other. We are to encourage and build each other up rather than to tear or put down.

(A) Application
I have been an encourager most of my life. I tend to look for and believe the best in people. As a young man I was also sarcastic and what I thought was humor really hurt many others. As a pastor my role now is especially to be an encourager. Sometimes I still revert back to that critical spirit that puts people down. Today I will look for the best in people. I will seek opportunities to encourage. I will watch what I say to be sure it pleases the Lord.

(P) Prayer
Lord, thank you for the encouragement I have I Christ. Let me encourage others. Forgive me when I am critical and sarcastic - make me aware so I can apologize and let me encourage others to be like You. Amen

No comments: