Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Life Journal 07-16-2008 Perfect Peace

Perfect Peace

(S) Scripture
Isaiah 26:3 (NIV) 3 You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Isaiah 26:3 (KJV) 3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

(O) Observation
Isaiah in this song of praise gives a great promise to the people. God keeps those, whose focus and trust are on Him, in perfect peace. Restlessness may be a sign of a wandering mind and lack of trust in the only One worthy of it.

(A) Application
The emphasis is on the work God does, keeping us in perfect peace, for those who are trusting and focused on Him. I quoted both the NIV and KJV here because I memorized this verse in the KJV a long time ago. I still like the visual image that " whose mind is stayed on Thee," gives. There is a stable enduring quality to the word "stayed". My task is to stay focused on God continually and to trust Him fully. When I am restless I know that my focus has wandered. Today I want to focus on Him and to trust Him. I want to experience His perfect peace.

(P) Prayer
Lord take my life and use me. Make me into the person you want me to be. When I am restless call this verse to my attention. Let me sense your peace.
Amen

No comments: