Saturday, July 12, 2008

Life Journal 07-12-2008 Destined to Die Then Judgment

Destined to Die Then Judgment

(S) Scripture
Hebrews 9:27-28 (NIV) 27 Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

(O) Observation
We are all destined to die once and then face judgment but Christ was sacrificed only once to take a way our sins and will come again to bring us eternal life.

I heard an easy explanation of this idea from a preacher a long time ago. Born once (physical birth) die twice (Physical and spiritual) but born twice (birth and becoming a Christian) only die once (physical).

(A) Application
I have been born twice and I know that my sins have been forgiven and that Jesus will come again to take me with Him. I know that someday I will die, unless Jesus comes back first, and then I will face judgment. This is the destiny of all humankind. At this judgment, as a child of God, I will be clothed in Christ. He will plead my case before God and I will then be ushered into my eternal home in heaven.

As I think about all that God has done for me in Christ I cannot help but to do my best to live faithfully for Him.

(P) Prayer
Lord, thank you for the promise of eternal life in Jesus. Thank you for forgiving my sins and making me your child. Let me live for you today. Amen

No comments: