Sunday, July 20, 2008

Life Journal 07-20-2008 My Call

My Call

(S) Scripture
2 Chronicles 29:11 (NIV) 11 My sons, do not be negligent now, for the LORD has chosen you to stand before him and serve him, to minister before him and to burn incense."

(O) Observation
As King Hezekiah purifies the temple he brings the priests and Levites together. He encouraged them and then reminds them that they were chosen by God for to do God's work. they were to consecrate the temple.

(A) Application
Sometimes it is easy to lose sight of the fact that it is God who chose me for this work as pastor. It is His call in my life. I am to faithfully live out that call. I am to set an example for the people to follow. If I am not consistent in my walk with the Lord how can I ever expect the people to be.

I am to consecrate this worship center so that it is a place where people can worship the Lord. I am to remove those things that hinder our worship. That is a task only God can direct. Today I will seek to do just that as we meet to worship.

(P) Prayer
Lord make clear to me what needs to be removed or consecrated to you so that we all might worship you as we should.
Amen

No comments: