Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Life Journal 07-30-2008 Walking in the Light

Walking in the Light

(S) Scripture
1 John 1:7 (NASB) 7 but if we walk in the light as He Himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.

(O) Observation
God says that when we walk in the light we have fellowship with Him and we are cleansed from our sins by Jesus.

(A) Application
So often I have read this verse and thought the fellowship was with other Christians, but a close reading indicates that the fellowship is with God. It seems so simple when you take time to read and meditate on a passage. Although unity and fellowship among Christians is important that is not the emphasis here but rather the byproduct.

What does it mean for me to have fellowship with God? How incredible is it that God would even desire to have fellowship with me? And in addition to this fellowship my sins are also cleansed. Now that is a place I want to be and God offers it to me as I walk in the light as He is in the light. To walk in the light means my life will reflect the life of Jesus. I will be living with others in mind rather than just myself.

If God offers this fellowship how can I reject it. Today I will continue to invest myself in deepening this relationship with God.

(P)Prayer- My prayer today is found in the words of the hymn "O Master Let Me Walk With Thee"

O Master, let me walk with Thee,
In lowly paths of service free;
Tell me Thy secret; help me bear
The strain of toil, the fret of care.

Help me the slow of heart to move
By some clear, winning word of love;
Teach me the wayward feet to stay,
And guide them in the homeward way.

O Master, let me walk with Thee,
Before the taunting Pharisee;
Help me to bear the sting of spite,
The hate of men who hide Thy light.

The sore distrust of souls sincere
Who cannot read Thy judgments clear,
The dullness of the multitude,
Who dimly guess that Thou art good.

Teach me Thy patience; still with Thee
In closer, dearer, company,
In work that keeps faith sweet and strong,
In trust that triumphs over wrong.

In hope that sends a shining ray
Far down the future’s broadening way,
In peace that only Thou canst give,
With Thee, O Master, let me live


O God my heart's desire is to walk with you. Amen

No comments: