Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Life Journal 07-09-2008 Perils of Lazy

Perils of Lazy

(S) Scripture
Hebrews 6:12 (NIV) 12 We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.

(O) Observation
The writer has just warned the people about persevering in their walk with the Lord. He tells them here not to get lazy but to press on in faith and patience.

(A) Application
It is easy for me to get lazy in my walk with the Lord. To become comfortable and then lax in the disciplines required to grow. To miss a daily devotion is one thing but to miss a week or month is another and we suffer from our laziness.

Patience is required because God is not on our schedule. It is tough to wait on Him. Sometimes when He doesn't work as quickly as we want we get discouraged and walk away. We get lazy and miss so much. Today I will exercise the disciplines I need to grow.

(P) Prayer
Lord it is easy to get lazy. Grant me the energy and will to do what I must to grow in you. Keep me exercising my spiritual muscles so I can be strong for you. Amen

No comments: