Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Life Journal 07-01-2008 Redemption After Hypocrisy

Redemption After Hypocrisy
(S) Scripture"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. Isaiah 1:18 (NIV)

(O) Observation
Isaiah has just delivered a litany of sins the people had and were committing. He declares that God is not pleased with their hypocrisy in worship (saying one thing with lips and living to the contrary). Isaiah then comes to this word of hope and reconciliation. Forgiveness is available if the people will turn to the Lord. Their sin will be covered and taken away.

(A) Application
I may not be committing the overt sins described in this passage but I wonder how often I am guilty of a similar hypocrisy. Sometimes worship gets to be routine or done out of duty and in my own efforts. That is not what God wants. He does not want empty promises or sacrifices. God wants my whole heart focused o Him and not just on what looks good or feels good. Today I will take inventory of my own life. Does my walk match my talk. Where I am deficient I will trust God. I want to experience his grace and love and power in my life.

(P) Prayer
Lord, today was a tough day. I decided not to go to Kenya. I am not sure you are in it and so I declined the invitation. I sensed that you were not in it at this time. It is difficult to disappoint people but I must do what I believe you are leading me to do. Thank You for your direction in my life. Let me live in a way that brings glory to you and points people to your Son. Amen

No comments: